I always stand up for what I believe in and what is right even if it means standing alone...In life standing up for your rights is never easy but it is very important to embark on this Long and difficult path to enforce and protect your individual and consumer rights.We all must be aware of our rights.In exercising our rights are we truly free individuals.

I have won many long customer battles against Banks,Phone Companies, Airlines, Electronics Companies etc. I have devoted time and energy to demand positive resolutions for myself and people around me. I hate it when one is denied what every customer has a right to...and that is when I find it important to address it and complain about it. I know it takes time to escalate matters but somehow I prefer to address it no matter what. Having lived in America for sometime, I give a lot of importance to Individual Rights.

It is my nephew who inspired me to write this blog. He felt the importance of his rights and the need to address this subject in a blog very early in age when he was unhappy with the services of a certain Airline. It was then that he suggested that I should write a blog concerning such matters too.

Everyone has certain rights but we are usually not informed about them or do not exercise them. We have a right to be heard...and we must never forget that. There is One Right for All and None should be discriminated. One has the right to question and a right to information. With growing middle class touch 400 million and consumerism, Indian Companies need to become responsive to Consumer complaints and grievances. Ignoring such complaints could lead to big financial losses for the company on consumer complaints being upheld by Consumer Courts.

In this blog, I would like us to share our knowledge about how best to address our complaints effectively as a customer or consumer. It is also important to inform people about the poor customer services provided by reputed brand names. But I would also like to hi-light the names of companies and brands who have co-operated with customers and given positive responses. Please do share your experiences too.

You do not win every battle in life but you learn lessons from it and hopefully live to win it some day. Through this blog ,I would like to inspire people to stand up for their rights and if needed fight for it but the fight for your rights has to be fair and honest. I aim to create a direction and awareness for people who are not given their due rights as an individual first and then as a consumer. There are always solutions and there are way to reach those solutions or alternatives as customers through proper channels.

Whenever you have been able to get your rights heard, you should generously share that knowledge as how best to achieve that so that others could follow that too. Pay it forward ! We should share knowledge and in doing so we will learn more from each other. Alone you can stand up for your rights but with people behind you and with you , there will be more force in it and consumers and customers will not be taken for granted. United we stand in getting value for our hard earned money...United we stand in ensuring we get good customer service.

When there is a will there is a way. When you stand up for your rights and for others , somebody will listen to you sooner or later. Your voice will be heard ! But for that you have to speak out ! Silence can sometimes be mistaken as weakness or indifference. Always know your rights and request for those rights to be implemented but if they are not then demand that justice be served.


Always stand up for your rights...

Consumer Rights Consumer Might !

" Sadaa Haq Aithe Rakh ! "

"Manzil mushkil to Kya... Humhe to us rah par chalna hi hai..."


Thursday, July 7, 2016

TATA SKY'S POOR COMPLAINT MANAGEMENT

It states on the Tata Sky website that "In case of complaints (other than non receipt of signals) by Subscriber, at least ninety per cent of all such complaints shall be redressed within a period of forty-eight hours of the receipt of complaint. All other complaints shall be addressed as early as possible.
In addition to the dedicated call centre network in place, Tata Sky has nominated nodal officers for redressal of grievances of those subscribers who are not satisfied with the redressal at the call centre level. Such subscribers can contact the nodal officers citing the docket number issued by the call centre." 


So I got in touch with the Nodal Office as I was not satisfied with the way my case is being handled . And as  expected they too would gave a very crisp response devoid of any clarity on my case.

My complaint had not been addressed effectively even after 48 hours due to their lack of efforts in seeking information regarding my transaction with the concerned department in the proposed time. They agree the payment was successful and stands submitted by me on the 5th of July 2016 but they still need more time to process the payment for it to reflect in my Tata Sky account.

The Nodal Team's response was as follows-

Your payment of Rs 514 made on 05/07/2016 to recharge your Tata Sky account has been processed and the status is SUBMITTED. Please give us 48 hours to process the payment.  
If payment is successful then recharged amount will be credited to your Tata Sky account. If payment is unsuccessful and in case the amount has been debited from your bank account or credit card account, it might take 7 to 10 working days to be credited back to you."

My response to the above was- 

"I too am aware since the 5th of July that the payment of Rs.514 stands submitted. Since the 5th of July around 11 a.m, I have given you more than 48 hours to process the payment but all your representatives are not talking the same language and I am not getting accurate information till now. There seems to be lack of co-ordination between your departments resulting in not giving me accurate information about the status my case. And now you are saying you want another 48 hours to process the payment in question. This matter is being delayed and we are not reaching a conclusion. 

This complaint should have been addressed at the earliest specially when I had gone through a similar experience with Tata Sky last month though fortunately then the matter was resolved in one day and my account had not been deactivated during that time. I can't comprehend why it is taking so long this time to tell me the exact status of my payment which stands already submitted even according to you. I would also like to know why this is happening often at the time of making online payment on your website. But since the 5th nobody is willing to give me information regarding that. I may encounter the same problem get again if your backend team does not get your act straight and address the errors in your system. 

 As it is on the 6 the of July my Tata Sky account was deactivated from your end despite my recharging my Tata Sky account on the 5th and being assured the previous day that I will be given a credit till the case is resolved. Anyway I managed to persuade your representatives to extend the credit limit till Saturday or till the time you reverse the money to my bank account. Your other representatives were trying to assist me in the matter but Ms. Priyanka from your backend team was aggressive and rude. I do not appreciate that kind of treatment. Instead of discussing the matter to reach a mutually suitable alternative, she was more interested in terminating our conversation. She was not even happy about your other representatives granting me credit till the case is pending.

Now some of your representatives had said on the 5th of July that my payment though successful would only be processed and reflected in my Tata Sky account within 24 hours to 48 hours due to faults in your system. But now some including you are telling me to give you another 48 hours which is alright with me only if you do not deactivate my services till you are clear about the status of my transaction. If you are still not clear about the transaction and are not able to give me accurate information, then I suggest that you give me written confirmation that between the 10th-14th of July ( which makes it the time duration Priyanka and you are proposing to credit the money back to my bank account) Tata Sky would reverse the money back to my bank account before I make a fresh transaction. 

As I said earlier I am willing to co-operate on the matter and go ahead with a fresh payment  as long as Tata Sky confirms to me in writing that they will reverse the money back to my bank account in the said duration of time and action is taken against Ms. Priyanka for being so insensitive, inefficient and rude to a customer. Responsibility has to be fixed and somebody has to be answerable for the wrong information I was given till today where it was said to me on the 5 the that till today my payment will either be processed or credited back to my bank account.

Look forward to a positive and sensitive response from the Nodal office considering that this is the second time I am enduring this problem in online payment on your website."

I wonder what their response would be or how long they will take to determine the exact status of the payment submitted successfully by me. But I must add that the entire interaction with them has made me conclude that they lack the professionalism that I so expected from them. Further their representatives specially the back end team lack the ability to address the problem and their complaint management is poor. My overall interaction with them has not been pleasant and has consumed a lot of my time and money in calling them several times. Tata Sky staff is just as bad as SITICable in terms of business etiquettes and dealings. I never had to ever go through such experiences abroad in my entire time there where the lack of efficiency of the companies costs the customers so much of time, money and stress. Mistakes happen but not every time and if there are problems there should be effective complaint management and proper follow up.

3 comments:

  1. I have addressed my concerns on their services on their social media page too and have requested as follows-
    "All I seek is immediate action to have clarity on my previous transaction before making a fresh payment. And I want immediate reversal of money back to my bank account if the payment submitted has not been processed by you or the immediate reflection of the transaction in my Tata Sky account if the payment submitted has been processed by you. Let's not waste any more time so that I could go ahead with a fresh transaction."

    Many customers have shared their unpleasant experiences regarding Tata Sky services over there and I would appreciate it that people would share the same here too to create awareness.
    One customer just told me that he is going to inform the world about their bad services through newspapers as well !


    ReplyDelete
  2. As always such companies around here are only interested in attracting potential customers and not satisfying existing customers !

    ReplyDelete
  3. No update as yet by their staff to inform me about the exact status of my first transaction which according to them stands successfully submitted but is not reflecting as they are unable to process it right away. They were supposed to be getting back to me regarding the status of my first payment and the immediate reversal of charges if they have not been able to process it even now. But they are least interested in interacting regarding this issue.

    Anyway even as a customer we have still shown our grace and willingness to co-operate by going ahead with a second payment transaction to avoid more stress and harassment. They had been threatening to deactivate our services again tomorrow. My parents being very senior citizens cannot take the stress given to them by Tata Sky's attitude every time despite our paying on time.

    In the last two months we have experienced twice that their system does not immediately accept the online transaction through credit card due to technical errors at their end and if it does then it does not reflect in the My Tata Sky account or the urgent payment reminder box keeps appearing on the screen every time even after successful payment. I may have made a fresh transaction but I am not quitting till I know the exact status of my first transaction this month. Irrespective of what the result is, they were supposed to be giving me clarity on the issue and not vague answers. They were supposed to be reassuring the customer of dealing with the issue at the earliest by following up on it but they are not interactive at all.

    Somewhere there is lack of co-ordination too as even after paying on the due date, sometimes one receive reminder calls regarding payment. Even after the second transaction we are still getting these reminders on the screen.

    In the entire matter Tata Sky has demonstrated lack of co-operation and lack of sensitivity considering that we suffered so much of inconvenience all these days for their fault i.e the fault in their system which at times shows errors. Instead of improving their services, they ignore the customers' concerns instead. We had chosen Tata Sky thinking that we would enjoy smooth services and professional customer service but most of their employees specially Priyanka changed our impression about the company and I feel such people are tarnishing the Tata brand name.

    Priya is from the technical department and not even from the customer services team and yet she openly voiced her opposition to the credit granted to us by some helpful customer staff ( Priya, Vishal and Sushmita) till the time the matter regarding the payment transaction was solved. By no way did she have the authority to dictate that specially when I had merely requested her to extend the credit till the time the complaint regarding the financial transaction was pending. It was not so much about paying the money again but making sure that I have accurate information about the first transaction before proceeding with the second one. I knew that I would be able to take action against them sooner or later if double deductions are made for the same month but their long delay in effectively addressing the matter put me off and finally Priyanka's rudeness and abruptness added to it all.

    But instead of adopting a diplomatic approach and neutralising the customer she chose to offend me by her hostile attitude. There are always ways to get around to pacify the customer if one is equipped with customer services skills. But most of the Tata Sky staff needs to go a long way in that direction. Consumers must report matters to their corporate office if they too have endured such bad attitude from them over the time. Considering the amount of money we are paying for their services, we ought to get better services !

    ReplyDelete


I would sincerely welcome your honest feedback and reviews of my posts as well as various companies. Also it would be great if you share similar experiences...