I always stand up for what I believe in and what is right even if it means standing alone...In life standing up for your rights is never easy but it is very important to embark on this Long and difficult path to enforce and protect your individual and consumer rights.We all must be aware of our rights.In exercising our rights are we truly free individuals.

I have won many long customer battles against Banks,Phone Companies, Airlines, Electronics Companies etc. I have devoted time and energy to demand positive resolutions for myself and people around me. I hate it when one is denied what every customer has a right to...and that is when I find it important to address it and complain about it. I know it takes time to escalate matters but somehow I prefer to address it no matter what. Having lived in America for sometime, I give a lot of importance to Individual Rights.

It is my nephew who inspired me to write this blog. He felt the importance of his rights and the need to address this subject in a blog very early in age when he was unhappy with the services of a certain Airline. It was then that he suggested that I should write a blog concerning such matters too.

Everyone has certain rights but we are usually not informed about them or do not exercise them. We have a right to be heard...and we must never forget that. There is One Right for All and None should be discriminated. One has the right to question and a right to information. With growing middle class touch 400 million and consumerism, Indian Companies need to become responsive to Consumer complaints and grievances. Ignoring such complaints could lead to big financial losses for the company on consumer complaints being upheld by Consumer Courts.

In this blog, I would like us to share our knowledge about how best to address our complaints effectively as a customer or consumer. It is also important to inform people about the poor customer services provided by reputed brand names. But I would also like to hi-light the names of companies and brands who have co-operated with customers and given positive responses. Please do share your experiences too.

You do not win every battle in life but you learn lessons from it and hopefully live to win it some day. Through this blog ,I would like to inspire people to stand up for their rights and if needed fight for it but the fight for your rights has to be fair and honest. I aim to create a direction and awareness for people who are not given their due rights as an individual first and then as a consumer. There are always solutions and there are way to reach those solutions or alternatives as customers through proper channels.

Whenever you have been able to get your rights heard, you should generously share that knowledge as how best to achieve that so that others could follow that too. Pay it forward ! We should share knowledge and in doing so we will learn more from each other. Alone you can stand up for your rights but with people behind you and with you , there will be more force in it and consumers and customers will not be taken for granted. United we stand in getting value for our hard earned money...United we stand in ensuring we get good customer service.

When there is a will there is a way. When you stand up for your rights and for others , somebody will listen to you sooner or later. Your voice will be heard ! But for that you have to speak out ! Silence can sometimes be mistaken as weakness or indifference. Always know your rights and request for those rights to be implemented but if they are not then demand that justice be served.


Always stand up for your rights...

Consumer Rights Consumer Might !

" Sadaa Haq Aithe Rakh ! "

"Manzil mushkil to Kya... Humhe to us rah par chalna hi hai..."


Thursday, July 7, 2016

Tata Sky Services declining by the day !

Tata Sky' s subscription charges have increased as they have added new channels to their packages but in that process their services have really declined and we are thoroughly disappointed ! 

Their website reflects error every time one makes online payment and even after the payment transaction is successful it does not get reflected in the My Tata Sky account leading to deactivation of services. This has happened a lot lately and because of the inefficiency of their Backend team and lack of responsibility of the seniors, the customers suffer even after making timely payment.

The above happened again on the 5th of July 2016 at around 11am. After successful online payment , once again the transaction did not reflect in the Tata Sky account. On complaining about it immediately, I was informed that they would solve the problem in 20 minutes which they did not. Then later I was told on calling them that the problem would be resolved by the afternoon and then they extended the time to 24 hours and eventually 48 hours.

 On the 6th my Tata Sky account was deactivated despite their assuring me earlier on that this would not occur till the case is pending. Anyway I managed to make them agree to restore the services till the proposed time of complaint resolution. During this time I have had to call them several times which has been so inconvenient and irritating. Since last month I have had to spend a lot on calling them on the due date of payment as I face this problem every time on their website. After completion of the duration of 48 hours time limit, I am now informed this morning that the case is still pending and will only be addressed till the 9th. 

On complaining to them that I would address this case on social media, I suddenly receive a call from their backend team at last informing me that they are not able to reflect the paid amount in my Tata Sky account and so they will now reverse that money back to my bank account but it may take ten days or more. They could have informed the same earlier instead of misleading me and making me wait all this while. 

I requested Priyanka from the backend team to do this on a priority basis considering how long I have waited and so that I could go ahead with a fresh transaction. And I also requested that till the time the money is not reversed, they should not deactivate my services again and I should not be forced to pay again till then. Such a thing had happened once with Costa Coffee but they were efficient enough to reverse the money immediately to my bank account. Another alternative I have offered them is that if they want me to pay again before the previous amount is reversed to my account, they should send me a written confirmation stating that they would reverse that amount within the said duration of time. But Priyanka rudely declined to co-operate on the matter or offer another suitable alternative. Instead she just cut the conversation and  tried to terminate our conversation abruptly. 

All this while all the Tata Sky representatives ( about 6-7 names can be provided ) had confirmed that the online payment transaction was successful though it has not reflected on my bank account as yet which according to my Bank and Tata Sky may be due to the technical error of Tata Sky server as their system accepted my payment but was not able to reflect  the same in my Tata Sky Account. Whatever the reason, I seek clarity so that this case is resolved immediately so that I could go ahead and pay again to avoid more harassment from Tata Sky who are threatening to deactivate my services again. But Tata Sky representatives refuse to let me talk to their seniors even though they promised me many times that their seniors would call me regarding the case. I need answers and accurate confirmation of the status of my case and I am willing to co-operate but their backend team is making matters worse by their lack of efficiency and lack of professionalism. I demand a written confirmation that Rs.514 would be refunded and a written request to make a fresh payment.

I did not expect such bad attitude from Tata Sky representatives when Tata is known for it's good services. I intend to escalate the matter. Having worked with Tatas I expect better services than what their amateur employees are offering now.

1 comment:

  1. All I seek is immediate action to have clarity on my previous transaction before making a fresh payment. And I want immediate reversal of money back to my bank account if the payment submitted has not been processed by Tata Sky or the immediate reflection of the transaction in my Tata Sky account if the payment submitted has been processed by them. I have told them that "Let's not waste any more time so that I could go ahead with a fresh transaction."
    Let's see how their social media team addresses this issue.

    ReplyDelete


I would sincerely welcome your honest feedback and reviews of my posts as well as various companies. Also it would be great if you share similar experiences...